"HOW TO BECOME AN AREA-BASED FACILITY OR COMPANY"
Basing your office within AREA Science Park means placing a laboratory, or a research
and development centre, or the entire company in the park.
Centres that wish to be based in the AREA Science Park must
meet the following requirements:
– be active in high-level knowledge or technology fields;
– carry out research activities, even basic ones, in strategic science sectors;
– foresee the development of innovative projects and specific market-oriented
research and development programmes;
– contribute to the growth of local and regional economy and employment;
– demonstrate adequate financial sustainability;
– contribute significantly to the growth of Italy’s scientific and technological
All applications to become AREA-based facilities and companies are examined carefully: priority
is given to subjects that
can contribute effectively to the growth and functioning of the park’s
technological clusters as well as to the ones that will
provide a spin-off for employment.
When applying, a business plan must be submitted; it can be drawn up in cooperation with the Consortium managing the Park –
containing the activity plan, the technological and market scenario of the initiative proposed and
an economic and financial plan.
The application shall be examined by the commission according to a special evaluation process:
in case of positive outcome, the procedure to become an AREA-based facility or company is
The relationship between the Park and its in house companies and facilities is regulated by a
contract with varying length from one to three years.
The contract is renewable, subject to regular audit and evaluation aiming to ensure
compliance conformity of activities with the planned growth forecast of the Park.
Should you be interested in basing your office in AREA Science park, please do not hesitate
tel. 040 375 5213