"HOW TO BECOME AN AREA-BASED FACILITY OR COMPANY"
Basing one’s office in the AREA Science Park means placing a laboratory or research and development centre or the entire structure in the Science and Technology Park.
Centres that wish to be based in the AREA Science Park must satisfy certain requirements:
– be active in high-level knowledge or technology fields;
– carry out research activities, even basic ones, in strategic science sectors;
– foresee the development of innovative projects and specific market-oriented
research and development programmes;
– contribute to the growth of local and regional economy and employment;
– demonstrate adequate financial sustainability;
– contribute significantly to the growth of Italy’s scientific and technological know-how.
All applications to become AREA-based facilities and companies are examined carefully and priority is given to subjects that can contribute effectively to the growth and functionality of the park’s technological clusters and to those that will provide a spin-off for employment.
Applications must be accompanied by a business plan– that can be drawn up in cooperation with the Consortium that manages the Park – which contains the activity plan, the technological and market scenario of the initiative proposed and an economic and financial plan.
The application shall be examined by the commission according to a special evaluation process at the end of which, if the outcome is positive, the procedure to become an AREA-based facility or company is executed.
The relation between the Park and the companies and facilities based in it is regulated by an agreement with a duration that varies from one to three years.
The agreement is renewable subject to regular controls and evaluations aimed at ensuring the conformity of the activities with the planned growth forecast of the Park.
If you are interested in basing your office in AREA Science park, please contact Franco Malvaso:
Mr. Franco Malvaso
tel. 040 375 5213